XMedius FAX AXP Edition:
Integrate Fax Capability into Your Cisco ISR and Enhance Your Unified Communications Strategy
“The Cisco AXP–XMediusFAX solution provides us with access to fax documents anywhere, anytime, no matter where our people are in the world, allowing us to secure multi-million-dollar transactions, while maintaining an audit trail for our records management requirements. This is critical to our business.”
Director of Information Technology,
- First FoIP server to run inside a Cisco ISR (2800 and 3800 series)
- High reliability for Cisco customers
- Branch office optimization
- Server virtualization – saves on extra servers, fax boards, and rack space (reduces energy consumption)
- Optimized workflow, improved productivity and accelerated ROI on converged IP and UC infrastructures
- Secure fax communications
- Lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) – eliminates operating expenditures associated with traditional faxing
- Green solution that reduces your organization’s hardware footprint
- Facilitates regulatory compliance (ex.: SOX, HIPAA, PCI).
Innovative, productivity-enhancing Unified Communications (UC) solutions are being deployed by enterprises worldwide, transforming how they do business by improving access to information and people anywhere, anytime and boosting the speed of overall communications.
UC eliminates islands of communication and improves overall business process integration. Fax is one of those islands that many companies forget about, yet it brings a strong return-on-investment (ROI) case for UC and IP convergence.
To achieve the full benefits of UC, companies must build the right foundation and make fax communication a seamless part of this information technology evolution. The Cisco AXP–XMediusFAX solution allows enterprises to leverage their IP telephony and UC systems to enhance productivity, collaboration and ROI by integrating award-winning fax tools on the desktop – where employees need them most.
AXP Edition Highlights
The XMediusFAX AXP edition is the world’s first and only fax solution to run inside a Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) and operates natively on the Cisco Application eXtention Platform (AXP).
The AXP edition is targeted for small to mid-size organizations and branch office deployments and contains a number of key features including:
- Support for all Cisco AXP NME modules (302, 502, 522) deployed on 28xx and 38xx ISRs
- Inter-System Replication for business continuity and branch survivability (requires peering with an SP server)
- Advanced faxing options with SendFAX (drag-and-drop transmit, rearrange pages; add text insertions, highlights, and stamps to faxes)
- Web-based user fax composition and management
- Enhanced LDAP directory integration (i.e., Active Directory, Lotus Domino)
- SQL database scalable to millions of inbound / outbound faxes with easy archiving
- HTTPS for secured Web Client communications
- Multilingual support & support for international character sets
- Enhanced Web Services API enabling flexible integration